Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Indiana Diary










Ben, Isaac and I left for Indiana on October 28th for Ben's dental school interview Oct. 29th. He had a great interview and really feels like this would be a good place, if it's where the Lord wants us. While Ben was interviewing, Isaac and I went to the Indianapolis Children's Museum with our friends, Ashley and her daughter Lily, and Emily and her daughter, Lexi. We had a great time! I think this is the best Children's Museum ever... certainly on a different scale than the ones we are used to! I think Isaac's favorite part was the haunted house and a pool ball maze (difficult to describe, but a very intricate design that took balls up and down and through loops, etc.) He could've stared at it all day trying to figure it out!


Making cupcakes with Lily-- this is post them throwing dry cake mix at each other in the two seconds we were turned around... great cleanup!

We spent the rest of the week in Indiana with our friends, Roger, Ashley and Lily (and their family). We had a wonderful time and especially enjoyed trick or treating with our two little pirates! We also enjoyed going to Rog and Ashley's ward (a little backwards!) While we were there, the only really funny thing was in Sunday School when a guy's phone went off and it was a country song about getting it on! We all had a good chuckle! Ike also had a dream come true! He was able to ride with Roger's dad (and Ashley and Lily) on a real combine while they cut soy beans! It was pretty much the highlight of his two years of life and he talks about it all the time! I think he may have a good future as a farmer!




We sent Ben back home to work and go to school on Sunday and then Ike and I spent another week "chilling" with the Whites. It was so fun to take a step back and just be with our kids enjoying each other's company and letting the kids play a ton. It certainly took care of my stress problem, at least for awhile and made me so excited for the day I can live next door to these special friends! (I'll keep looking on Craig'slist for our next house!)




Well, here's to another week of fun! Life back to "normal" is quite exciting too, especially with this two year old around!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great time! Hey, I feel bad. When Ben called me on Sunday, my mind was trying to do too many things at once and I wasn't exactly that great of a conversationalist. I hope he knows my mental absence had nothing to do with you guys. We love you and miss you a ton! And I will call back soon--when it is not family night. Love you!

    ReplyDelete