Sunday, March 22, 2009

ViSiToRs!!

A little art project we sent out to some friends nearby on St Patrick's Day
Ike and the art project... I'm so glad he humors me with all the projects I have up my sleeve!

Green Breakfast


We had a great week of "Spring Break," though none of us are really associated with school right now, there was still a special feeling in the air this week... Maybe it was all of our friends and the students being gone, but more likely it was the BEAUTIFUL weather we had this week! Isaac and I were able to get out everyday this week and jog-- something I didn't think I would get to see for awhile! I can tell Ike missed it as much as me because the whole time we would jog, he would just hum along every song he could think of- what joy! We also spent lots of time outside this week at the parks and walking... Coincidentally, we put off major house cleaning and projects until the very last second all week long. Sometimes you just have to, right!?!

We also had an awesome St. Patty's Day celebration at our house this week... Yep, just call me a early childhood buff... we had green eggs and green grapes with bacon for breakfast (w/ green milk) and then peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch (the pb was green)! Then for dinner, we made green chili enchiladas! Ha! I think Ben thought I was nuts, but Ike sure enjoyed it! Oh, we also made green banana bread- Ike can give you all the details about the exact ingredients and what happened when we put it in the oven.. He was really excited to turn everything green:)

Lucky for us (no pun intended!) we were able to welcome a few visitors this weekend too... On Friday one of my old camp buddies, Alonit, came up to visit us. It was so great to catch up and meet her "boy!" Isaac took to them right away and made two best friends. We spent lots of time at the greenbelt that day. We ate lunch at Applebees that day and towards the end, Ike was starting to lose interest... He started chanting in a low, soft voice "I'm bored at Applebees, I'm bored at Applebees..." It was pretty funny. I really love this new phase where he can tell us exactly what he wants and means, though being that descriptive and expressive can sometimes get us in trouble:)

Friday night, we were able to catch up with Jen, Tom and family and "Aunt Ribie" came to visit from Idaho with her new man too! What fun! We had a great evening together catching up and chatting. I love having family around. What a treat! Needless to say, Michael passed our tests and won Isaac's love and admiration too. We're keeping our fingers crossed for this one, (wink, wink)!

Our third set of weekend visitors was my brother and his girlfriend. We spent most of the day Saturday hanging out with them and, once again, going on a nice, long walk along the greenbelt... I told you the weather was great! We hit the mid 60's all weekend! We had a great time with them and really enjoyed having Andy around again, it has been awhile!

Oh, and, of course, Ben was able to get in lots and lots of basketball watching with my family on Saturday... good thing! We even had Isaac fill out a basketball bracket... So far, he's staying very competitive and just might pull off a win over all of us! His favorite teams were Utah (because he knew that's where Jenny Wren was last week), Washington (because he loves Washington Park in Laramie) and Butler (we're pretty sure he loved them because the name sounds a lot like "butter"). Of course, his real allegiance lies with Kansas, but he does have Duke winning it all in the end... we'll see!

Tonight we had our last set of visitors when we had some friends from Ben's work come over for dinner. They have 3 month old twins, who Ike fell in love with! He was very concerned when they cried and kept checking on them while we ate to make sure they were still ok. I'm hoping this is a good sign that he will enjoy being a big brother, but I'm afraid that novelty of tonight will soon wear out when our little baby comes to stay!

All in all, it was a great week! We are now looking forward to a week of "blizzard conditions" and are hoping to at least get a good playtime in the snow before it melts or blows away-- we know we don't have too many more opportunities left for snow time! Here's to week 31!!

1 comment:

  1. You have so many exciting things going on! Good luck with all of them and we need to come see you guys!

    ReplyDelete