Our trip to the zoo and my much talked about and highly acclaimed 38 week pregnant self
Gotta love the elephants! What a great day:)
Yes, we are getting down to it... I think we are about as ready as we will ever be to add this newbie to our family. I am thrilled at adding to our family and scared to death at the same time! I do think, however, that my endless lists of things to do before baby comes are finally dwindling to an end! Whew!
Andy and Ike playing at the park-- looks like they're up to a little trouble... What else would you expect from these two?We have had an awesome couple of weeks running around and down to Denver for 3 weekends in a row though, so I guess I should be ready to settle in to Laramie for a few weeks, right? The first weekend in May, my brother graduated from college (yeah!!) We were really happy to get to witness the monumental occasion:) and to celebrate with him too. It was also nice to see warm sunshine and actually have to worry about sunshine, sunscreen and sunglasses for a change! We also went to an awesome little Titanic "muh-zeh-zum" (as Ikey says museum) that had real Titanic artifacts for free (even better)! Of course, our friend and Ben had to weather somewhat inclement weather for our 1 1/2 wait, but it was worth it!
Fun train ride into townWeekend number 2 was spent meeting up with our long-time friends from Indiana who flew out for the week and our friends from Denver who happen to be related... We are so so lucky! We did a little "pre-celebration" for their arrival and joined in with a flavorful, cultural Cinco de Mayo celebration downtown in Denver. I think Ike's favorite part was riding the lightrail into downtown, Ben's favorite part was probably eating and getting free food, and my favorite part was the warm sunshine and people watching... I so enjoy people watching! Anyway, after that, we met up with our lovely friends at Casa Bonita (I'm telling you, it was a cultural weekend)! We had the funniest, quirkiest waitress of our lives... she asked me- the pregnant woman- if I had ordered a drink from the bar, for example. We spent all day Sunday with them too catching up and hanging out. Don't you just love having friends that you just click with? We are so lucky because these guys know us AND they still like us too (We think...)
Good buddies going for a ride in the chair
Downtown in DenverWeekend number 3 started for Ike and I on Thursday when we took off for Denver (again) to meet up with our friends and my brother. Our kids are such good little playmates, though a little dramatic, and often sarcastic for being 2 and 3! It was a great time to catch up! We were able to hit up some fun parks in D-town and eat some really good food... You can see from the pics, we are party animals;) We went downtown again to hit up a park and check out the 16th street mall. Ben joined us Friday night and we took our party to the Zoo on Saturday- maybe that's why I'm tired:) What a fun time and last hoorah before this new baby hits the scene. It was so great to have the Whites around and to catch up with the Barratts too. I'm going to miss that this week... Someday we'll all live in the same neighborhood, we keep telling ourselves that (we are secretly trying to pray them all to Phoenix)! We'll see...
Ike looking on at a Capybara (Uncle Casey's animal name) too funny not to publish! No one else around us knew what it was- I even thought it looked like a R.O.U.S. (come on princess bride fans...) but we knew it was just Uncle Capy!On the baby front, I am progressing right along and feeling very, very good (knock on wood)! I am most often briskly walking now, but jogging a couple times a week (for shorter periods of time followed by more walking, don't worry!) Everyone is healthy and happy and I'm actually feeling very ready to go through labor and delivery, its that month after that scares me... you know, the one I don't even remember from Isaac's life! Ike is really very sure this baby is a girl now, my parents think it's a boy and Ben and I are so unsure, though we do have a few "secret" names... We'll keep you posted, but there is still time to add your favorite to the list:)




hey i just wanted to give you my blog. thebarrettbunch2006.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYay! Are you trying to pray us to Phoenix too? Cuz I don't know if Tom would go for that. :) Too much heat. We are excited for your new little arrival too! See ya soon!
ReplyDeleteHey, Jamie! I am glad you had a good trip to Denver. Thank you so much again for your help!! I can't believe the day is almost here for your new little one already! Time flies... :)
ReplyDeleteWill be thinking of you...
Take care, and please don't hesitate to call on me. :):)
Yep, we're praying everyone to Phoenix... Tom may not get a say:)
ReplyDeleteThis is uncle Casey. I resent that comment.
ReplyDeleteUncle Casey is definitely not a ROUS... unless he's crabby from baby Zaiah's midnight feedings:)
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic!! Can't wait to see some pics of the sweet little guy! Congrats!
ReplyDelete