Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jesus Wants Ikie for a...


It's tough to get a "stoked" 3 year old to stand still... even when there's a bribe involved:)

Sunbeam! Yep, it is official... Our little man has now attended his first three classes as a SUNBEAM! This means he is 3 years old and no longer in nursery at church. He goes to Primary first and learns new songs and does a little special activity and lesson and then goes to his classroom with his very own teachers and learns something about the gospel. What an exciting time for him! He is really blessed with two wonderful teachers (the first week during their introductions Sister Rose told the class her favorite food is Skittles and Ike just thinks that is HILARIOUS)! Anyway, they make cute little projects and are having a blast! He is joined in his class by some of his greatest buddies including Tatum, Drew, Tate and Rachel, among others. The first week he and some others decided it would be a good idea to take off their socks and shoes and sit in their chairs, but bend over so they're touching the floor (he fesses up later...) NOW the past two weeks, he has reported that they were very "bediant" and "doing what's right." I'm glad... I don't want my kid "black-balled" in primary! I can't believe he's old enough for all this, but I'm so proud of him. I can't get over how valiant these kids are. I'm amazed at our little ones everyday and think it's fascinating to think about what the Lord has in store for them. One thing is for sure... we're in for a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment