I'm a slacker. I know. This past month has been one of ups and downs, ins and outs. We have all worked hard to prepare Ben for his first dental boards. By that I mean I held down the fort and the two children who desperately wanted to play with their daddy while he slaved away memorizing and internalizing bits of knowledge I never want to know:) We budgeted time and talents very wisely:) and hopefully that will pay off! They went well (we think)! and we should know results in the next couple of weeks.
Since that time, we have been tearing up the countryside, but I think it best for me to save those details for pictures (coming soon)!
I guess the reason for my lack of posting at least partially has to do with the departure of some very dear friends over the past month. I spent most of May and June sad and mourning the loss of three of Ike's favorite playmates (and consequently, my friends). I have had a difficult time with life moving on. I wish it could just always stay the same. Really, I'm not sure why the plan is for us to make close, eternal friends and then move away. How does that make sense? I know you are thinking I'm whining and I am... I just know that I am a person who needs friendship. I feel like these women (and their families) have sincerely blessed our lives and made a life in the desert with a husband studying *most* of the time bearable and even fun. I don't know how I could've made it through this past year without them and I know that they are in my life for reasons. So, thank you, dear friends... and please, don't forget to call:)
Honestly though, I feel like my heaven will have to be a reuniting of all my friends and family where we can all be together and never be separated again... wouldn't that be heaven? I know I don't see the big picture that our Father in Heaven sees, and I'm ok with that... I just miss my friends:)
Jumping Back In!
1 year ago




Hang in there babe:) I'm losing one of my good friends in a week as well! Not to mention Brady's best friend(they're only 2 days apart). So I feel your pain.. they've graduated dental school and are headed to Florida! At least now we have good friends in an awesome vacation destination:) Cocoa beach here we come!
ReplyDeleteI haven't been as good a friend to you as I could have been! I love hanging out with you guys, call us when you're back in town!
ReplyDeleteThe above comment was from Linsey by the way, not Dan!
ReplyDeletehaha! yeah, Dan should be a better friend:) Just kidding:) you guys are great and I am so so blessed to have you all around... just had to have a little pity party for myself, but I am optimistic about having Linsey (and Dan) around for a couple more years!
ReplyDeleteJamie my little love drop I love you and miss you soooooo much you are and always will be my dear friend. I am going to call you right now. Hang in there I will be back in June and we are going to have so much fun. At least you are not me I still have no bffs here I really need you here just tell Ben you are moving to Virginia love ya!
ReplyDeleteJamie! I just saw this and well I feel the same...it's been such a hard transition for Cohen and for me, too. Anyway, we miss you guys! We gotta get a Skype account so the boys can talk :)I dream of our life back in AZ & wish it could stay the same...but life is all about change right??
ReplyDeleteKeep in touch! Hugs! Liz