Sunday, October 17, 2010

Idaho Modge Podge... the last in the series:)

You would think I was busy or something the way this blogging is going... I am finding that this fall is flying by! I need to start reporting on our day to day, preferably before Christmas! Anyway, on to Idaho... We had the most fortunate opportunity to spend our last couple of weeks in Idaho not traveling at all, but instead indulging in raspberries and green beans everyday. With warm days and cool nights and GREAT company, who wouldn't fall in love??
  
Richard Pieper Family 2010


Quite the babysitters:)

Best Friends:)
Welcome back Paul!

























I have to admit that part of my nervous self was nervous to spend an extended amount of time with the Piepers. That doesn't sound right.... What I mean is, I still wanted them to LIKE us or even LOVE us after our trip was over. I know my kids aren't ALWAYS on their best behavior:) ok, neither am I. As luck would have it, we had THE BEST TIME EVER in Idaho! I LOVE LOVE LOVE spending time with our families and my kids are in LOVE too! Even Zach has learned to say "Nanna" for Hannah and "Pauo" for Paul. The kids were most entertained with all the aunts, uncles and cousins, not to mention two very loving, helpful, spoil-rottening Grandparents. I love you all to pieces and we had a WONDERFUL time!
     I should also mention we had our first ever Richard Pieper family reunion. What a lucky time. It just so happened all nine siblings could be there. Paul came home from his mission the first day and we just had a blast! As you can imagine, we kept busy as ever! We also we able to catch up with Casey, Rach and Zaya before they began their Las Vegas adventure and Beck, Michael and Jacob before their Wisconsin adventure. What a lovely time to be together. I can't say enough good stuff.
      Finally, we were able to spend lots of time outdoors hiking, biking, running and climbing. Oh, and we even tried out the new hottub while projecting a moving onto the side of the house. Yep, take a sec to re read that one... The brothers were at it with crazy shinanigans the whole time! 
     All in all, the summer was just wonderful. It makes me sad to post all this b/c I've been trying to forget how fun it was:) and get back to life "in the big apple (desert style)!" We feel very fortunate to have had this time together and to have shared it with so many of you!

Mary, Hannah, Peter, Paul, Rach, Sarah, Beck, Jen, Ben

cute back sides:)



Calvin Klein... meet your match



 

 

The Jones Family - cute little baby Jacob




hiking at Jenny Lake (before Ike fell in the lake!)


 

post falling in Jenny Lake- brrr! Nice monster undies!





Logan Canyon hike- Wind Caves

Happy 7 yrs of Hiking Married:)

The Boys with Great Grandma Pieper:)

4 comments:

  1. Those Pieper's look like a crazy bunch! We had fun yesterday as well, always fun to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me sad, too. We miss you guys so much. You wouldn't know it by how much I've talked to you though. I'm a slacker. :) Can't wait to see more of you next month! Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Pieper post! Marcus ran over and recognized his Grandma P! These pics are really great. So inspiring to see a family of nine children. I still have so far to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just makes me miss you guys even more! We will have to plan a trip down to AZ before too long. That sure was a fun reunion! I miss everyone! Glad we all had fun together before we all headed our separate ways!

    ReplyDelete