Monday, April 4, 2011

Just Sayin...





Tomorrow (in a few hours) is Ben's 31st Birthday! I really can't believe we are "old!" Sometimes I look at him and think, "how in the world did anybody allow us to have children?" "Are we really old enough for all of this?" We got married when Ben was 23 and I thought that was SOOO OLD and MATURE! I guess now we're geriatric:) Anyway, it's crazy how time flies and how much fun we have along the way...


    Since Ben never reads this, I think I'm safe in sharing this too... Ike and Zach both are so in to Daddy's Birthday! We've been talking about it for the last week... what kind of waffles and ice cream to have in the morning, what kind of decorations, what gifts to give... Well, we decided on hawaiian waffles with coconut buttermilk syrup and vanilla ice cream (bluebell or course), and blue and white decorations (b/c that's what I have on hand... and BUTLER plays for the championship later... two birds. one stone.) Anyway, I also got Ben a pair of shoes to wear with his scrubs when he starts clinics (who would trust a dentist wearing nikes?) Anyway, when we got home from DSW, the boys were soo excited, and I made sure to tell them, "now, don't tell daddy about his surprise!" So, guess what the first thing Zach says to him is... "Dada. PRIZE (means: surprise in his language). Shoes! Buh-thday." Well, the cat's out of the bag. Too cute anyway and I'm not sure Dada was quick enough to pick up all those words and put it all together:) Happy Birthday babe! We sure feel lucky to have you!

3 comments:

  1. Thinking about the best older brother in the world today. :) He definitely doesn't seem his age, but that is for sure a wonderful thing! We love him and hopefully we can sing him some awesome birthday tunes today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie! We would LOVE to visit you sometime! We have gone to phoenix for some shopping trips already so we will have to inform you when our next trip is. Crazy that we are both in AZ!! Oh, and tell Ben Happy Birthday from us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's too cute how Zachy told him the "Prize". That sounds exactly like something Isaiah would have done, and Casey probably wouldn't have caught it either. Too funny. Glad you all had fun celebrating. Hope you can come up to see us for Easter! I am keeping my fingers crossed. Oh and by the way Isaiah still LOVES the bard you guys let us have. He is always telling me to come play barn with him :) He says, "Momma come play barn with....okay."

    ReplyDelete