Sunday, March 4, 2012

A little cleanup




With little baby well on his/her way, I finally am caving and going to post the 2 pictures I took over Christmas break:) Christmas this year was a crazy whirlwind (I think any of our family members would describe it that way!) but, so fun too.
    We started break with a WONDERFUL visit from my parents and Uncle Andy. Truly, (I know I'm pregnant and way sentimental), but we had such a great time. It was so good to all be together. We basically hung out and showed them fun things all over the valley. The only unfortunate part is that ANDY and my parents were the primary photographers, so those pics may come to us in about June:) IF we're lucky!! They were able to stay for Christmas too, which was such a sweet bonus. I really don't know who enjoyed it more, our little boys, or grandma and grandpa (or us!), it was just an amazing few days. I hope that's a tradition we can repeat, even with the long trips and crazy amounts of wrapping paper and presents:)
 The day after Christmas, we all reluctantly left the valley of the sun for north country. By that I mean we drove to Idaho for 2 (yes 2) of Ben's sibling's weddings. It was a long, but amazingly uneventful drive to Idaho. The kids are sooo good in the car (I'll knock on wood now...) Hannah got sealed in the Rexburg temple Dec. 27th to Nick. They are such a cute little couple. It is so surreal to see a younger sibling get married (Hannah was 10 when we got married)! I didn't realize how old we were and how "un-newlywed" we were until now:) These two have the world at their feet and it'll be exciting to see where life takes them and what Heavenly Father has in store for them:) It was a great day!
    I think in between weddings was *secretly* funner than wedding days;) It is such a blast to hang out with Ben's siblings. It's really like my own family. We just love being together. I don't think there is anything better than sitting around after our kids are in bed and just talking about life, philosophies, each other, you know... whatever. We love each of them and truly truly enjoyed that time together!
     Ben's brother Paul (Uncle Paulie to my kiddos) got married December 30th (I know what you're thinking, Ben's POOR MOTHER!) You don't know the half of it, although she is still alive today, so she is nothing short of AMAZING! Paulie married Kylie in the Salt Lake Temple. I LOVE going to sealings in the temple. I really don't remember everything about our own, but I love listening to the promises they're given, the counsel and direction. What an amazing day. This couple too, has so much in store for them and we are so excited to have Kylie in our family too!
     After and with all this, we were able to stay in some amazing hotels (Isaac's favorite thing in the world!) AND even catch up with Joni and Clay for Joni's birthday weekend too. I LOVE watching Macy and Isaac together. This is true true friendship. They were able to play at an indoor waterpark together, along with the other kiddos and just have a good time.
     As you can  see, we are SO BLESSED with amazing family and consequently, the BEST FRIENDS anyone could ever ask for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment