Tuesday, May 8, 2012

"Rolling Along" at 2 months

Reese-ie Roo, as she has affectionately been nicknamed, is TWO months old! How did that happen? I can confidently say we have enjoyed every little minute with this precious little girl. She is just a gem and the apple of all our eyes. I have never been able to enjoy a newborn the way we have enjoyed Reese and I think its safe to say I'm not alone in that sentiment. The boys are totally smitten with her and love to talk at/with her and say things in a high pitched voice like "My name is Reese and I was born in the hospital a few days ago and I cried." or "My name is Reeses Pieces and I am a princess and I live in a castle." They're constantly making up stories about her. Truly, these are days I will treasure forever!

A little about Reese... As of her appt 5/4/12 she was 12.0lbs and 23in... 75th percentile for both, which means she is solid but proportional:) also means that strtching out her feedings at night is working out just fine for her! While we were at the Dr. he put her on her belly and was explaining that by 4-6 months she will probably roll over. AND just like that, on command, she rolled over. twice. show off:) That was her first roll since she was 9 days old. Dr. S said it was legit and we can write it down as the real deal:) I have a feeling we have another busy body like Isaac on our hands AND if she's anything like him, our days without a 3rd walker in the house are limited! (he walked everywhere at 9 months old)!










Reese is also a total chatterbox (runs in the family...) She started smiling right at 6 weeks and everyday ties us all a little tighter around that little finger. We are feeling so blessed, even with tough things going on in our lives and some significant stress (maybe next post??) we still feel the hand of the Lord through our friends, family and these sweet little hooligans everyday. What more is there?  

3 comments:

  1. Oh, she just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I love this little girl so much, as we all do here and everyone else has only seen pictures. Lucy told me today, "Mom, I am just so sad that we can't live by my sister Jamie!" I was trying to tell her about how you aren't my sister but you really are. I guess she got the idea. ;) Love you all so much! And good luck with things in the next few weeks. Wish I lived closer to help. I can echo what Lucy said, but I sure feel blessed to be able to communicate with you in any way I can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet baby! I still love how her hair sticks up everywhere! So cute! Hope all is going well with the moving and that whole situation. Love you and miss you guys a ton! And I love those sweet boys too and the hilarious things they say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is growing up. I love the smiley pics. What a sweetheart! Love the Kansas sunflower!

    ReplyDelete