Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reese-ie Roo Is 4 months old!

I know I am so far behind with posts, but I so want to remember this sweet little girl (maybe she's giving all this sweetness now because she has some crazy times planned out for her teen years?:) No, not possible, she's just too sweet.

Reese is...
 the sweetest baby in the whole world. She is happy all the time. She is happy just to see us moving around her. She is perfectly happy lying on the floor, sitting in her bumbo, bouncy chair, swing, or any other random place she gets stuffed.

patient. Waaayy more patient than mommy! She will give us a little yelp when she wakes or when she's bored or hungry and then just proceeds as her happy go lucky self until we get around to it (within reason)!

a happy morning person. She talks to her little bear mobile and is happy making friends with all her toys. But, mostly, she has these two little boys to keep her company (and they are pretty amazing at their job)! She is constantly sung to, tickled, and entertained beyond belief. Lucky, lucky girl!

talking gibberish with the best of them! She can say several consonant sounds including gah, dah, buh, nah, maahh, and any combination of these.

taking a bottle! Whew! That was a close one! I really had given up when she cried for over an hour while Ben tried to give her a bottle (while I was sick). She fell asleep rather than take the bottle! This happened on a couple of occasions (for not as long)... Finally, I gave it a last ditch effort. I bought her the most expensive bottle I could find at target (12 bucks!) and yep, you guessed it, she loves it! I guess she is a little high maintenance! She takes a bottle once a week when mommy goes to mutual and she's doing just fine with it.

using a binkie! Also a small miracle! She doesn't love them like the boys did, but she will take her mam at night or in the car (usually just to fall asleep, and NEVER to ward off hunger)... not that I can blame her! We are so so so thankful for this little miracle:)

standing on her legs longer and longer and so active it makes me tired! She is always kicking those little legs and doing "crunches" trying to see what is going on. She still rolls over sometimes, but isn't as interested in rolling. She can scoot herself forward and back and all around from kicking so hard!

not sleeping as much as a 4 month old should! Two naps a day, but not super long. She's much like little Ikie was. Happy all the time and just not sleepy.

singing! When there is music, her voice can't be stopped! It is hilarious and so precious!

hanging on to her hair... ALL of it! I gave her her first pony tail the other day, but the boys promptly vetoed that idea. We'll have to try again later:) I will say girl hair is already more challenging! I am trying so hard not to forget all the little accessorizing, but I'm not very good at it yet.

sleeping through the night about half the time! Oh, she has such a happy momma!! She is going on 7 days of sleeping from 11pm-6am. I'll take it:)

a reader! She just finished her first summer reading program. She loves to have Ikie read to her (and Zach too!) Fortunately for her, she is reading really amazing books from the non-fiction section about carnivorous dinosaurs mostly. I'm hoping the images aren't too disturbing for her baby mind. I guess that's the joy of having 2 older brothers!

a world traveler! On our trip Reesie traveled like a pro! She was a champion for sure. We are so lucky our kids are such great travelers and she just fit right in:) She has now been to AZ, NM, TX, OK, KS, MO, NE, IA, SD, WY, CO, UT and next month ID and CA... if you lost count that'll be 14 states by 5 months old. Whew!

the sunshine of our days. I don't think any little girl in the history of little girls has ever been so loved! Reese is just the most precious little gift. Her smile lights all of our faces. The little boys are so enamored with her (and daddy is certainly wrapped around her little finger)! I am often left wondering how on earth I got so lucky to be mommy of these 3 sweet, amazing little ones. I certainly don't deserve them, but I am trying to ENJOY every minute I can with them. These ARE the days:)

3 comments:

  1. She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her! Any chance we can see you for a few minutes on your way to ID? When are you going? You are always welcome to stay w us as well! Sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she looks so squeezable! What a little sweetie. And she looks more and more beautiful every day, just like her momma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! Man she is getting so big! Can't wait to squeeze her at the reunion! I can't believe she has already been to so many states! You guys make me tired! Oh and I wish Isaiah would entertain his sister. Maybe I need to have your boys come stay with us for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete