I think we are becoming pros at moving. What is the old adage... the only thing constant is change.? THAT pretty much sums it up. Of course, we knew those changes were coming, but I'm not sure I'll ever get used to change:) I wish I could easily sum up the past six months or so, but instead, I am going to make an effort to post at least some significant pictures from those times... Unfortunately, not only has my blog been inaccessible for several months, but our iphoto has decided to become possessed:/ Until then, I wanted to journal a few things and add pics later, for my own purposes, mostly:)
We are finally settling into a new life in Oklahoma. We spent a terrific, and terrifically chaotic, summer first awaiting licensing for Ben to begin work and then with Ben living away from us for 7 weeks working. I think a couple significant things happened over the summertime...
1. We left Arizona. Oh, what a difficult time. My heart still hurts for our beloved little home away from home. At least once a week Zach asks me why daddy had to get a job in "Okahoma" and if we can move back to Arizona when we move again so that we don't have to make any new friends:) I love his little thought processes and feel like that is something I had not foreseen. I was aware that Ben and I would have a difficult time leaving our old life, but usually think of my sweet kiddos as our little sidekicks. I had not thought much about how significant this life change would be to their little minds. That has been difficult. They miss their friends and old surroundings too (although they don't seem to miss TJ Maxx or Target being right down the street like I do:)
2. Zachary turned 4! Right in the midst of our move, our little man turned 4. I want to post about him individually, but feel I would be remiss in not mentioning this. About a month ago, I realized how much more pleasant he is becoming:) He has become one of my best friends (in a healthy way). He is so happy and so much more reasonable than say his terrible 3 ages. He has always just been a little more opinionated and less willing to compromise, but lately, we have been able to reason much better and come to some great understandings. I love this little man and am so proud of all of his accomplishments, but especially that he is with us and such a good best friend to all of us.
3. Daddy graduated. This probably deserved it's own post too and I will try my best:) But, I can't forget what a significant event this has been for all of us. Ben worked so hard and finished school strong. We had lots of dramatic times finally choosing a job, but feel grateful for so wonderful options. We really feel like we have been led here with Ben's good skills at this time for specific purpose and are grateful for that confirmation.
4. Ben's grandpa passed away. We were so sad to see Grandpa go. He was such a fine man and a stalwart example of love, service and sacrifice. We were however, grateful for the opportunity we had to spend with our family celebrating his life in Wyoming.
5. Spent 3 weeks in Idaho. Because of the funeral, we were able to spend some extra special time in Idaho awaiting Ben's licensure in Oklahoma. We feel so fortunate that we had this special time with Grandma and Grandpa Pieper and some of the greatest Aunts and Uncles and friends and cousins! I think we saw almost everyone this summer, which was a huge blessing and balm to our souls:). I think this time gave us a chance to build some special relationships and help our kiddos build those relationships too. They absolutely LOVE going to grandma and grandpa's! Almost everyday Grandpa had the boys out in his garden teaching them what he had planted and letting them taste some things that were ready. They helped him move things while he tilled, and pulled lots of weeds. One day they (clearly having paid attention for several days prior), came in and announced that they "wouldn't be needing lunch today because they were living off the fat of the land!" I went outside to see their gatherings, all carefully spread and labeled on the picnic tables. They had mustard greens, several lettuces, green tomatoes, unripened currants and gooseberries, and sugar peas. They really did eat their fill over and over during our visit. It was a delight to have them on the "farm" and teach Reese to appreciate nature:) She learned to pick up garter snakes and scream at them in delight, in fact:) I think it's safe to say we enjoyed every minute of our hard work in Idaho and the great company. It just might get us through until the holidays when we can be reunited again:)
6. Ben started working! What a glorious day to finally begin working at the job you've been preparing to have for 10 years! Ben is loving being a dentist, though he is working his tail off. He is learning a lot and spent the first 7 weeks working in Tulsa before his office opened. It is still weird to think of him as Dr. Pieper.
7. We got paid:) We got paid! After a couple months and several years of no significant income, we finally received a real paycheck:) Whew! I don't know that we have felt more relief in our entire lives than to know that our hard work is coming to fruition and we'll be able to *someday* conquer the heap!
8. The kids and I spent 7 weeks in Kansas. We traveled around to my grandmas' houses, spent a week with Joni and her sweet girls and spent some time in Tulsa vacationing while the good Dr. worked, but otherwise, we spent a few weeks at my parents' house. Their little town holds a very special place in my heart now. We became involved in swimming, water aerobics, running, library, summer reading, kids college, to name a few! Isaac even made their little newspaper! We loved it and feel a sense of belonging now even when we visit:)
9. I ran my longest run. 16.7 miles! I was fortunate to go on lots of long runs with some ladies in my parents' little town. What a treat. I love finding good running mates. I feel like each running mate I've had has given me such insight and perspective. I love each of them, is that weird?! I do. They have taught me more than they could probably ever know.
10. We finally moved to our home. We are renting, but moving next month (again) as we try to come up with a more permanent home:) Our current home was for sale and has now sold, so here we are again, preparing to pack boxes:) We have been fortunate to find a wonderful little elementary school for Ike and the best first grade teacher EVER:) Zach and I are doing "home pre-k" and it is perfect and wonderful in every way. I delight in our time together at home and out and about. Truly, these are wonderful times. I think we have been led to this good home for a reason and now our next one will have it's own purposes too. We have been somewhat in transition during these past couple of months, so my mind has felt a little chaotic, but overall we are settling in to this great town. Oklahoma is such an interesting, fun place to be.
Ok, I suppose that's our top 10:) We are alive. We are all well. All really IS well, and we are so grateful.
Jumping Back In!
1 year ago




So glad to hear all is well! Great post, thanks for the update :)
ReplyDeleteFun to read this, even though I know more about the ins and outs of your life right now than I have for a while. :) It is super fun for me to be able to talk to you often. Lots more changes to come, I am sure, but exciting times!
ReplyDeleteNice sharing!
ReplyDeletehttps://www.cekaja.com/info/jenis-jenis-tabungan