Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rie-roe and Pahblo






We had Ben's sister, Rebecca (Rie-roe-- as Ikey puts it) and his brother Paul (Pahblo) cx come to visit us this week during a semester break from school. We had such a good time! They are so fun and we felt really lucky that they got to know Isaac so well! Isaac is now going through Pablo withdrawls going around the house looking for him:)


This week it seemed like we did lots of really great eating, playing, and staying up really late! It was so great, but I'm definitely ready for a nap! Beck and I had to continue our Jane Austen obsession too, and ended up educating Paul about Jane Austen and romance in general:) I don't think he was nearly excited about Jane as we were! We also played disc golf, taught Paul to rollerblade, and on and on...


Anyway, I have added some photos and videos from our weekend. We took Beck and Paul and went to Denver to the temple and the zoo. What a fun time! Ikey also had the opportunity to touch an python (what a brave one! certainly a trait from his daddy!) This is a little graphic, but worth the detail... We were watching these little monkey things up in the trees and I heard one of them tooting. It just so happened that the monkey had its toosh up in the air facing us. I saw the potential of the situation, so I told Paul to watch out and I moved back... Well, right then the monkey had some squirty tooting and Paul ended up with a little squirt of monkey poo on his forehead!! Eeewww (as Ikey put it!) You will notice in the elephant video, if you listen really closely, you can hear Isaac say elephant! Yep, he's a "smart cookie!" We really are enjoying everyday with him, as I'm sure Beck and Paul can attest!




2 comments:

  1. Hey it looks like you guys had fun! We went to the Denver zoo and temple about a month ago and I'm glad none of us had the pleasure of being poohed on by a monkey...gross but funny! It sounds like you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun. I have never been to the Denver Zoo, but one day when I am back in Laramie I am going to make a point to go. I really want to take the girls. I think they would love it

    ReplyDelete