Monday, July 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Jen!

Jen blowing out her tealight birthday cake-- oops I didn't have any birthday candles;) so it looks a little more like a shrine to chocolate cake... which, it really was anyway... mmm! Also of note is the fact that Jen is standing in an action pose because she tried harder than anyone I know to blow out all her candles with one blow-- and she did it! Hope you thought of a good wish!!
Still makes my mouth water to think about this much chocolatey goodness in one slice of cake heaven! I'm not boasting about my baking skills, but man! This is also the up-close with tea lights... classy, huh!


Today marks a very special occasion for us... the birthday of Ben's sister who is next in line from him. Ben has been so blessed to have her in his life for the past 28 years of his 29 year life. I know that he would not be who he is without her, and to be honest, neither would I. Jennifer is such a beautiful example to us of fUn, selflessness, talent, but never boasting;

I could go on much longer, but the point is that Jennifer is an example to me everyday of the type of person I WANT to be (someday if I work really hard, I... nah, it would take nothing short of a miracle)! Really, Jen, if you read this, I think that you have so many beautiful, wonderful qualities, but one of the greatest is your ability to emulate the Savior in your selflessness. I know that it is so rare for you to put yourself or your comforts above anyone else; You know how to make your family feel important and you show them everyday in everything you do how much they mean to you.

I am so grateful that we have had this time in Laramie with you! You have bailed me out of more predicaments than you probably even know and have quickly made your way into a special place in my heart. I never thought we would get the opportunity to live in the same town and be "bosom buddies" (Anne of G. G.) but now I cannot imagine living apart! I guess now that can always be my dream of where we end up:) I love that we have so much in common and so many likes and dislikes we would've never guessed! It often amazes me when we say or do the exact same thing without the other knowing. I love you dear sister and friend and I will NEVER forget the wonderful time we have had here getting to know each other. Thank You and Happy Birthday- I hope it was as happy for you as it was for me!

Love, Jamie

Little Z today-- he is such a good smiler now, but we have yet to get a good smile on camera (we're usually too enthralled with the cute baby smile to think "quick get the camera!" someday though. someday.

1 comment:

  1. Stop it, Jamie! I wasn't supposed to cry about you leaving until after you were gone. Thank you. I love you more than you know. I truly do feel like you are my sister and not my sister-in-law. I am just trying to make every minute count until you leave. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete