As we prepare to leave Wyoming, we are finding all sorts of last minute things to do and people to see (a special thanks to all who have or will humor us in our endeavors)! This past weekend was no exception, in fact it has been highlighted on our calendar for months... none other than the enfamous Pieper Family Reunion.

This year the family decided a one day adventure in Heber, Ut would suffice and so over 90 of us descended on the poor town (imagine minivans and cousins as far as the eye could see)-- a slight exagerration, but you get the idea... It was a fabulous event and a great time to reconnect with some of our favorite people. I think after this life will be much like the joy we feel when we gather in love, joy and comfort like this only together forever... Some of our relatives may not be that excited to have forever and Jamie in the same sentence, but they will learn to deal:) We were even able to meet some cousins I had not met before... believe it or not, I think I have met all of Ben's first cousins now--an accomplishment for the ages! I really do enjoy times like these and love that Ben comes from a big, loving family. One of the highlights for me was chatting in person with the blogging divas of the family. Its so funny because I feel so connected to their families, though we may have only met a handful of times or less. Blogging is truly a gift and I hope that I represent our family and life as well as they.


This year the family decided a one day adventure in Heber, Ut would suffice and so over 90 of us descended on the poor town (imagine minivans and cousins as far as the eye could see)-- a slight exagerration, but you get the idea... It was a fabulous event and a great time to reconnect with some of our favorite people. I think after this life will be much like the joy we feel when we gather in love, joy and comfort like this only together forever... Some of our relatives may not be that excited to have forever and Jamie in the same sentence, but they will learn to deal:) We were even able to meet some cousins I had not met before... believe it or not, I think I have met all of Ben's first cousins now--an accomplishment for the ages! I really do enjoy times like these and love that Ben comes from a big, loving family. One of the highlights for me was chatting in person with the blogging divas of the family. Its so funny because I feel so connected to their families, though we may have only met a handful of times or less. Blogging is truly a gift and I hope that I represent our family and life as well as they.So, the reason for the name of this post... As we were preparing to leave Friday, I was trying to get Ike psyched to drive to Utah. I don't think anyone in their right mind could be psyched to drive along I-80 through Wyoming, but I thought maybe I could brainwash him... Anyway, as we were driving to our friend's house across town in Laramie Isaac exclaims "Is this Utah Mommy?!?!" I had to squash all his dreams of Utah right then and about 10 other times as his patience wore thinner during the drive... Ahh, if only Utah were Rock Springs... hmm, there's a thought!




Other highlights from our weekend included visiting the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was a really neat opportunity for us to take the boys to the Temple and walk through the entire building (it was just recently built) before it is dedicated at the end of the month. Isaac kept saying "This is where Jesus lives!" Cute! I think even in the bustle we could feel the Spirit and the Peace of being in this Holy Place. What a neat opporutnity for our family... I HIGHLY recommend going (all public are welcome) to an Open House if you ever get the chance. Before all was said and done, he was, as is typical, humming his way through the temple with various songs and charming everyone around us... How can you not enjoy that!?

We also had the great privilege to catch up with our friends, The Andersons who left us last year and are now cheating on us in Utah (they were our LOST buddies). It was great to let the kids play and catch up a bit, even if they did ditch part of church for us (thanks guys!) and even if Tempe went around chanting that she doesn't like boys (but for some reason liked Ben... hmm....) Isaac on the other hand, left saying how nice Tempe and Helena were (not sure he picked up on Tempe's SUBTLE hints)! Maybe they are a match made in heaven!!
Our last stop before the dreaded return trip was to meet our new landlords (who have just relocated to Tooele UT). They are great! It was so nice to meet them (I'm sure we would've been friends if we ever would've met there). They gave us lots of tips and pointers (they are a young family like us). It certainly made us more excited and confident in the area where we will live!
Well, about three weeks left now... I should definitely be packing more boxes! Hopefully the packing fairy visits us soon.. ahh, there's an idea!




Packing always stinks! Wyoming is going to miss you!
ReplyDelete