My weird little Pieper sleepers can and do sleep anywhere! Ike on the cedar chest in the office and Zach sleeping with his feet straight out in front of him and his head bent down... comfy! 
So sleep in our house, and I'm sure yours, is the most important GIFT we have to give ourselves and each other:) Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that *certain someones* are beginning to sleep in a different pattern including Ike staying up too late, getting "hungry" again, needing more stories, and awaking in the middle of the night whereupon he decides his bed just won't do and joins us in ours. hmm. I have decided on the relatively rare occasions that he does leave his bed for ours, he is so distraught by the time he makes it across the house to our room that he would be DEVASTATED by the time I sent him back to his room. So, we'll save that battle for another day... Usually if he does come to our bed, it's around 6 am anyway, so it's not like we're missing out on a ton of sleep. AND by "us," I clearly mean me... Let's face it, those Pieper genes have made it possible for Daddy and Ikie and even Zach to sleep through anything. I happen to be the only one who cares if other peoples limbs are resting upon my face, etc. 
Now, on to boy #2... Mr. Zachary "tricked" me into awaking 2 times in the night (again) after months of only 1 feeding in the night. I am a s.l.o.w. learner, but finally caught on to the new ploy and took the hint. You see, confession. Zach is a nomad. He was "permanent bed-less." Meaning, I never set up his bassinet after our move and relied upon him sleeping either on the couch (real safe... I know.) or in the swing... The holdup: looking for a new toddler bed for Ike so I could give Zach Ike's 3 in one crib. Anyway, that problem solved itself when I "gained" a new wooden bed frame that needs refinished... a project for "one of these days." So, after a couple of weeks of far less than enough sleep, we have finally returned the 3 in one to a crib, and Ikie has graduated to a twin bed! Life is much better and EVERYONE is sleeping a little more around here, well, except daddy, who still happens to be in dental school... Hey, I can't solve 'em all!





Tempe does the same thing: she's hungry at bedtime, she needs a hundred stories about Lightning McQueen, and she plays in her room for hours before she falls asleep. Ugh! It's very frustrating. But we are mean, we have a child doorknob guard on the inside of her door so she can't get out :)
ReplyDeleteThey are adorable! OUCH! Your littlest one's position looked SO uncomfortable!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I got the Pieper genes for sleeping, and I think the only one in our house who did was Matthew. Lucy does sleep lying over her legs, like she fell asleep sitting up and then just tipped forward. I'm glad you are all mostly getting better sleep!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we aren't the only ones with sleep issues at our house. I finally got Zaya to start sleeping in his crib. His head was starting to become really flat on one side from sleeping in his car seat. I was afraid if he slept in there much longer his head may become so deformed the Dr. might make him wear a helmet or something! I could be a little paranoid, but better safe than sorry right? He is still waking me up at night, but at least he sleeps in his crib now. :)
ReplyDeleteAudrey slept in her car seat for four months! That was the only way she'd sleep through the night! After she started rolling over then it was to the play pen in our room and finally at one year a crib. Seems to be pretty normal and your kids are adorable so you must be doing lots of right things!
ReplyDeleteHa! I love all these comments:) So glad we all struggle with sleep
ReplyDelete