saw this on my friend, Carrie's blog and totally stole it... hope that's ok, but I was in for some thought provocation... big word, I know...
RULES: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note completing the 35 "I’ve come to realize." At the end, choose the friends you want to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you or I knew you way back when and am interested in what life has taught you
1. I've come to realize that my chest-size ... is so not important... I don't really get the implant thing, sorry.
2. I've come to realize that my job...is stressful because it is the most important thing I could possibly be doing and fouling up doesn't mean getting in trouble or terminated, it means my kiddos will be crazies:) Seriously though, what job is more important (or demanding) than this one?
3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving... I love talking to Ike about what he's thinking or what he sees. This kid cracks me up. I LOVE seeing the world through his eyes:)
4. I've come to realize that I need.... to see my hubby outside of our office. Midterms this week... someday I'll see him again and I'll take better advantage of our time together.
5. I've come to realize that I have lost... all control against chocolate chip cookies. darn. Come on, did I mention it was midterms this week? I'll try again tomorrow for control. Of course, it would help if I didn't make them twice this past week (for other people, not me...) Oh right, like you can give them away without taste-testing!?!
6. I've come to realize that I hate it when... I let other people down
7. I've come to realize that if I'm drunk...it's been a REALLY bad day:) Just kidding. I wouldn't know.
8. I've come to realize that money... is just money. I'm not advocating spending willy nilly. I'm advocating not making my world revolve around something as arbitrary as money... Oh, and we don't have ANY
9. I've come to realize that certain people... will never really get my jokes. Too bad for them...
10. I've come to realize that I'll always ... be a jay jay jay jay jayhawk (it's a song) You can take a girl out of Kansas, but you can't take the Kansas out of the girl... or Wyoming for that matter.
11. I've come to realize that my sibling(s)... are great. I'm so lucky.
12. I've come to realize that my mom... knew more than I thought. I hope Ike realizes that before he's 27.
13. I've come to realize that my cell phone... doesn't light up anymore. drat! The verizon store is on my list of places to go this week. So, I hope you aren't trying to text me... because I won't get it:)
14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning... it was 4 a.m. because I attempted to put my 3 year old in bed at 7:30 pm like other awesome people I know and unlike those lucky duckies, my child only requires 8 hours of sleep. drat! (again) Confession: I let Ike watch Milo and Otis at 4am on Ben's macbook on our bedroom floor with a blankie and a pillow so I could go back to sleep- am I a bad mom?
15. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep... I was reading 3 Cups of Tea and had a difficult time sleeping because I'm so excited for the work of this amazing man fighting terrorism with education. check it out: http://www.threecupsoftea.com/
16. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking... I should be asleep, but am so excited for a minute with my thoughts (and no children noises in the background...)
17. I've come to realize that my dad... is the greatest dad (he HATES when people say that), but I know he doesn't read what I type, he just looks at pictures b/c he thinks I ramble too much:) He is amazing and I admire him more than he'll ever know.
18. I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook...I love keeping in touch and realizing that all of us deal with the same things on any given day. Amazing.
19. I've come to realize that today... I conquered my fear of sewing (again) with the help of a 3 year old and an 8 month old.
20. I've come to realize that tonight... I'm ok and Ben's exams will be ok. We'll make it and SOMEDAY we'll all get to sleep through the night... Someday.
21. I've come to realize that tomorrow... I'm going to run off the extra chocolate chip cookies, go to the library, get some bar soap (so we can stop using travel sized soap- I keep forgetting to buy more) and go to the grocery store... It's a big day!
23. I've come to realize that the person who is most likely to re-post this is... probably no one. That's ok. For some reason, I need this outlet... When you do, you can rip it off my blog too:)
24. I've come to realize that life...keeps on going. How did I get to be 27, married with 2 kiddos? I'm living a dream and have to remember to hold on because it is going. faster and faster.
25. I've come to realize that this weekend... we need to get out and hike. Ben MUST see life outside his little commute and Ike's new favorite thing is hiking. Good. We're training him for a backpacking trip this summer in the Wind Rivers. (Not that he'll be packing in anything, but hopefully he can pack himself:)
26. I've come to realize that marriage... is the greatest. Having a partner is tough work, never dull, but I would miss it so much to not have someone to share it with at the end of the day... even if the end of the day comes after midnight every night.
27. I've come to realize that my (close) friends... pull me through. I've never realized how important Christlike love and service are until I truly looked at my friends and the examples they are to me. I love you all to pieces. Distance will separate us all at some time, but you are always in my heart (oh the cheese- but I'm serious)!
28. I've come to realize that this year... I'm going to cherish every minute I can
29. I've come to realize that my ex … hairsylist is my favorite chickadee ever!
30. I've come to realize that maybe I should... floss before it gets later tonight
31. I've come to realize that I love... my little life. I can't imagine life without all my boys.
32. I've come to realize that I don't understand... as much as I thought I did:)
33. I've come to realize my past... is over and my present and future are what really matter.
34. I've come to realize that parties... are so fun to plan, but they stress me out... In the end though, I love being together and laughing. I love any chance to have a party. Can we say Bachelor season finale party?? You're all invited:)
35. I've come to realize that I'm totally terrified... of a lot, but I have to agree with Carrie. I'm terrified of failing as a mother- Of not teaching my children the really important things, their self worth and how to value the really important things. I hope they know how unconditionally loved they are. I guess I have my work cut out for me:)
Oh, I tag anyone who reads this and feels so inclined to post it themselves:)
Jumping Back In!
1 year ago




I've come to realize that Sammi Goddard-Minigell is moving soon and that I will be all alone on Sunday....move back!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I'm not the only one who stays up looking at blogs and posting on them. I think you are an amazing mom and no one blames you for wanting to go back to bed at 4 in the morning. I would have done the same thing! :)
ReplyDeleteIt was fun to see what you put! I think you are such a great mommy to those two little boys...they are so lucky!! Thanks for what you said sometimes it is nice to hear!!:)
ReplyDeleteThanks you guys:) I'm so blessed to have such good friends:)
ReplyDeleteI tagged myself on this one. Wait for it. I probably won't get around to it until tomorrow. Also, I love hearing your insight. And I have to say, on another note. I love having the recipe blog. Thanks:) And good luck to Ben on midterms. You guys amaze me with what you are doing and We MiSs YoU!
ReplyDeleteI get your jokes! Can we be friends? So funny, love this!
ReplyDeleteCuteness! ~Jeffi
ReplyDelete