Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Our Little Eater...


I think it's hilarious to watch little boys try their first foods. We have been on this adventure since the middle of December with Zach and have been in for quite the ride already! As a general rule, Ike LOVED everything he tried and never turned back. However, our little Zachary has turned out to be pretty smart... I always introduce veggies and meats first and then sneak in fruits to keep them interested. Well, this little man FIGURED OUT my method! Ugghh! Mommy's too tired for this:) He started immdiately spitting out every non-sweet substance to hit his tongue! Luckily, mommy (and occasionally, daddy) are pretty stubborn critters and withstood. Now, we are happy to report our little bubby likes everything, except meat... who can blame him?? I have heard it said on many occasions that it takes 10 times of trying something to develop a taste for it, and I think that must be true of veggies at least. These pictures are of Zach after he got ahold of a couple pieces of avacado. I think avacado might be Ike and now Zach's favorite food! Good thing it's pretty good for you... maybe I'll start using it for bribery:)
     In a related issue, Zach still has no teeth to speak of! He gums everything and chews like a new puppy on EVERYTHING, but no sign of little teethies yet:) I'm ok with this, though! We'll stick to gumming things now... He still loves nursing too, which mommy is very pleased about:)

4 comments:

  1. You have got some good kids if they are liking avacado's that young!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my kids liked avacado. What adult taste buds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooo stinking cute Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete