Monday, September 13, 2010

On to Pinedale!

Not such a flattering pic of me... note to self... don't stick belly out for pics ANY MORE:) 



O
Next stop: Pinedale, WY. We are lucky enough to have amazing family everywhere. When we found out we had such a long summer break this year, we had to promise Joni and Clay we would not "jip" them out of a visit... It just so happens we are usually coming or going from our parents when we pop in to see the Kenningtons. Not this time. We were able to spend several days enjoying Wyoming with them. As you can see, we had a chance to do some AMAZING hiking, even with the little kiddos and a sick preggo. In just under 4 miles round trip, we saw a place called Sacred Rim. I can definitely see why. We hiked through a beautiful wooded forest outside of Pinedale in the Wind Rivers up a mountain. Eventually we ended up here on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Wind River Range. Words could never describe the beauty of what we saw. I think all of us could have sat there all day and just admired the beauty of the earth we live upon. Wow. I know my photography skills are lacking, but I hope to forever keep this one ingrained in my mind. Thanks Joni and Clay for humoring us with these hikes.
     We also had a chance to go to the Pinedale Rodeo and Rendevous Days; a free kids matinee at the theatre, jogging every morning with the kiddos, Ben and Clay went mountain biking, and to "the beach," to name a few of our destinations. I love Pinedale. If it weren't for the winters and the lack of proximity to Walmart (or any chain for that matter...) I could live here. The fact that Joni and Clay live here does sort of make up for that, so who knows... Maybe someday we will live here:)
      I just want to mention here (warning: oncoming sapfest... I miss my sister)! I love Joni and Clay and their sweet little family so much! We miss them dearly. We have such a good time together, even in the depths of morning sickness (all day sickness, in this case). I feel SO BLESSED to have them as family and to be able to share cousins of the same age. What a special thing that will be for our kiddos. Joni and Clay, you are such a shining example to us of good, honest, wonderful living. Thank you for being a good, righteous mommy and daddy that we can look up to and share with; we love you to pieces and really, really miss you. and the girls. and maybe even a new boy?!

**Note- my friend just pointed out that I never mentioned WHO was pregnant. My sis, Joni is the one expecting, not me. Don't worry, I will tell you when it happens, you won't have to try and guess:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! what a beautiful stop to go visit family :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! ONE day I want to visit Pinedale with you and Joni and all our millions of kids we'll all have by then! Looks so beautiful!
    Oh how I miss Wyoming sometimes. How 'bout you?

    ReplyDelete