I'm no halloween extraordinaire. I am, however, LOVING that we are in a place where you can fully appreciate halloween and outdoor events. No coats. No jackets. No snowboots. No winter storm warnings. No hot cider (ok, I do miss that). No finishing when the sun goes down. THIS is halloween Phoenix style. We quickly found out last year that halloween around here is for everyone. There are events on every corner, for a week before halloween. Every neighborhood has a block party and if you want to have trick or treaters, you merely set up outside and watch the kiddos flock to you:) It's great.
 |
| Cute brothers... Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh MY! |
 |
Pumpkin Patch in the middle of the desert!?
Fun day with preschool
and the boys' favorite skeleton shirts that I had to wash
every night for the past two weeks! They DO glow in the dark
and I got them on sale at Carters:) |
 |
The happiest Tinman! One of the girls at the Boo Bash was teasing
him telling him he didn't have a heart and how was he going to have
a girl friend if he didn't have a heart. He replied, "In real life I do
have a heart, right mama!" |
 |
| Poor Cowardly Lion... fleece costumes are not conducive to 90* Phx! |
 |
Ok, this is the only pic I have right now of our whole fam, but the
Boo Bash took professional ones... so more to come. And no, Napoleon
is not part of the Wizard of Oz, but he is single, ladies (wink, wink)
AND he's going to be a dentist, if all goes well! |
This year, we were able to hit up a few parties including the Midwestern event on Friday afternoon and the Boo Bash (put on by the Az Dental Assoc.) on Friday night. Saturday, we laid low and went to the zoo and then Sunday we got together with our totally awesome friends to eat dinner in a pumpkin by candlelight and watch It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and eat yummy popcorn balls. It was Great! I also have to mention, we (again) took first place in the Boo Bash Costume contest. Oops. I think I'll retire while I'm ahead! The greatest thing about our costumes is that for the 4 of us, I spent less than $20! I planned ahead this year and hopefully can do the same next year... with a little less last minute rush:) Ha! (Did I mention I have been telling Ben I want to SIMPLIFY my life to which he keeps replying with a sinister laugh and a "You wouldn't know how!") Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll have to simplify AFTER the holidays. Did you know I LOVE holidays AND ANY reason to party??
Love these pictures and all the costumes! And I have to say that the Halloween weather was rather pleasant this year, but with a chill enough for hot apple cider. :) This weather is throwing me off! Don't get me wrong. It just doesn't feel like November.
ReplyDeleteI love the costumes! So cute. No wonder you won the prize. We miss you all. Can't wait to see you next month!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, the kids have changed. We have a grand baby of our own now. You'll have to look up her pictures, if you haven't already. -- Rachelle M.
ReplyDelete