Most of you know my brother, so I feel confident you will want to know he and Amber are getting MARRIED! yeah! We were lucky enough to have these two ridiculously cute chickadees come visit over new years. What a fun time! I totally wish we lived closer. I know we'd have way too much fun and spoil each other rotten, but seriously, someday, someday... We had such a blast staying up late talking and getting up early to run. We just love 'em to pieces and can't wait for Amber to officially be a part of the family:)
It's really funny because in a lot of ways, Andy and Amber remind Ben and I so much of ourselves... It definitely takes us back *8 years* (whoa) ago when we were dating and considering marriage. What a crazy (yep, crazy is the best adjective I can come up with for exactly what I mean) time in our lives! I remember that time of engagement being exciting because I knew (with all of my heart) this was the man I wanted (and he equally wanted...) to spend the rest of my life with, but also anxious because it seemed like the rest of my life wasn't happening very fast! I so just wanted to be married and stop making wedding plans and getting frustrated with details of the plans and all the other dramas that come along with planning a wedding. Oh, how I'm glad that time is *well* behind us! *Side note: Secretly, or not so secretly, I think Ben is extremely thankful I had all those feelings because it made our wedding plans so much more simplistic than say other events I have since had my hand in... Ha! Lucky he asked me when he did! Don't get me wrong, I am glad we had that time in our lives and I thank the Lord every day that we are together forever, but that engagement time was not my favorite:) Amber, I wish you much luck on this journey. If you ever feel frustration or like no one else understands all the emotions you are feeling. I do. And I'm right here. A phone call away:) Andy, I'll listen to your whining, but in the end, I'll probably side with Amber:) Love you!!
Jumping Back In!
1 year ago




I feel the same way about our engagement. So yeah. Congrats to Andy and Amber! So excited for them! And it was great to talk again this week, Jame. Can't wait until next week!
ReplyDelete