Monday, April 7, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.. Go KU!!

Ben, Jamie and Isaac with Bill Self in the Background on TV after the championship
Isaac with his "High Pibe" as he calls it... are we true fans or what???
Today was a once-every-20-years sort of day! Our favorite team for life, the Kansas Jayhawks won the NCAA Basketball Championship! To digress for a second, last night my dad brought out my old Kansas Basketball jersey that I got in middle school for Christmas and told me that if I didn't wear it, the Jayhawks might lose... With that kind of pressure on my shoulders, I had no choice but to wear it today as I taught and went around town! Of course, Ben also did the same thing to Ikey, dressing him in all KU garb down to his socks! All day Ben and I took the scoffs of others telling us our team was going to lose and choke, but we held our heads up high and "kept the faith!" We also taught Isaac to say "Jayhawk" and "Go KU"... They sounded like "hawk!" and "Go too doo," not too bad!!
Ben, Ikey and I watched the game with Joni, Clay and Macy. It was quite the evening! We made a great meal out of it with soups and breadsticks and some great lemonade cake (Joni made).
I think the funnest part was the end when the Hawks had 2 minutes left to make up 9 points and by no small miracle, they pulled it off! We were all so happy that we were screaming and yelling and jumping around... Being the smooth one, I hit the light fixture with my fist and gave myself a nice bruise, but it was worth it!! There isn't a whole lot in sports worth getting so worked up over, but this, my friends, was it!
All in all, it was a great day and one for the record books:) We will remain true blue and suggest you do the same too!!

5 comments:

  1. Hey were so glad you joined the blogging world! Very cute blog. If you ever get the chance ours is casayfamily.blogspot.com. Sounds like you guys are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys! Glad to see you've joined the blogging ranks. It's VERY addicting and a great way to keep in touch. Your family is adorable! Keep the posts coming! I'll be checking back often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot that we have a blog at http://shumways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for blogging! You get to find adorable people that you thought you might never reach again. Cute family! Love to catch up.
    Eckhardt's

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jamie, you guys look way cute in your kansas gear! love the blog!

    ReplyDelete