Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Scary Easter...

Apparently Easter at our house has come to represent a time to reflect on how scary the Easter bunny is! This year, we were able to go to lots of easter egg hunts and a few easter shindigs. Among them was the Easter Egg Hunt at Ben's school. It was a beautiful, hot summer-like day:) We really loved all the fun activities and even the Easter bunny made an appearance... So, when we went to go see the Easter bunny (who we never talk about and do not emphasize...) Ike was really excited! Once we got to the bench, Ike turned into his typical self and decided to hide behind daddy's leg. So, Daddy (being the awesome Daddy he is) GAVE our BABY to the DREADED Easter Bunny to hold while he picked up Ike to sit next to said bunny (Mommy had the camera). Zach (our always happy, go to almost anyone baby) screamed like we had dropped him on his head and shrieked like nothing we had ever heard before). Please note in the picture he is still TOTALLY UNCOOL with sitting that close to the dreaded bunny. Maybe next year we'll just skip the bunny...
     The rest of Easter weekend was a blast! I always love watching conference and am still so excited to reread all my favorite talks:) I LOVE how much the family was emphasized and just how much comfort I feel when I hear the Prophet speak.
     Ben's birthday happened to fall on Conf. Easter Sunday this year... 30 Years?~! So, we had some of his dental school buddies over for a really yummy (if I do say so myself) Easter dinner. It was a great weekend with friends and family and we couldn't have asked for more...

1 comment:

  1. You have been busy. But I am not surprised! Never a dull moment, right? And my kids respond the same way to the Easter Bunny. I think because they know how fake he is and what he trying to do to this most wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete