Ok, ok. Yesterday I had a "moment." I'm good now. I'll always be sad because life is constantly moving and changing, right?! I do feel incredibly blessed to have more than my fair share of "rocks" (and friends who are as stubborn as rocks...) in my life and friends all over the world. Thanks. Anyway, today as I was sitting in Relief Society, I think I got it. (Which is amazing b/c most of church was spent NOT paying attention to the lesson, but trying to get my kids to be relatively behaved:) I digress... The opening hymn was Abide with Me. A hymn I LOVE and have heard a million times, but today it struck a little different and now I get it. For the second week in a row music has brought me to tears... Follow me down this little path. See if it helps... The words say:
"Abide with me fast falls the even tide
The darkness deepens Lord, with me abide
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me!
Swift to its close ebbs out life's little day
Earth's joys grow dim; its glories pass away.
Change and decay in all around I see;
Oh though who changest not, abide with me!
I need thy presence ev'ry passing hour.
What but thy grace can foil the tempter's pow'r?
Who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Thru cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me!
Ok, I know all of you were WAY ahead of me on this one, but I get it. Even if I don't want change... I get it. That's what life is all about change and relying on the one thing that will never change, the Lord. Now carry on, life's too short:) and life is good. Thanks guys, love you!
Jumping Back In!
1 year ago




Also one of my favorites. But a good reminder of where true peace comes from. In a world of chaos and turmoil, it is so nice to know that there is One who doesn't change. His love and character are constant. :)
ReplyDeletelove the hymn and love the meaning. I didn't realize it until you explained it :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it nice to get something out of church every once in a while. It is so hard with crazy kids! And I only have one! I really love this Hymn too. It is so nice to know that although people are always coming and going throughout our lives there is always Christ, who understands us and that we can rely on Him when we couldn't make it on our own.
ReplyDeleteThat is my favorite hymn. Brings me to tears every time.
ReplyDelete