Thursday, September 10, 2009

Me Llamo Isaac



First Day of Preschool- his booty from school in hand. What a proud boy!


This is outside our house with said booty. He loves playing out here with all the rocks, dirt and cool foliage. We wait til late afternoon when it's in the shade and then spend sometime digging and making "hot bean casserole soup" Not sure where he got that one, but it seems to be his favorite. Oh, and green bean juice is the new juice of choice. He'd probably welcome them both!
So, reason for the espanol title- my kid needs to learn to be bilingual. No, we do not *know* anyone who speaks spanish yet, but, well, let me explain...

As you may have guessed, there are a lot of Spanish speakers around. We often will hear it spoken when we are out shopping, etc. One day, not long after the move, we hear Isaac speaking total jibberish- I- Innocently- ask him what he is saying, to which he replies-"I'm a speakin' a Spanish!" Oh. Dear. So, fast forward a few days. We are at the mall escaping the 120 degree heat. ouch! As mommy is looking at some REALLY cute clothes, Ike happens to be PRIVY to a conversation in REAL SPANISH between two ladies. Well, he gets up close to them, looks them in the eyes and JIBBERJABBERS with a straight face as if he knew exactly what they said and they would know what he was saying! AHH! It came off like he was making fun of Spanish speakers (good thing he is young)! And we hurried away POORLY PRETENDING that we didn't know what our kid had just done! Oh. My. Thus, we are teaching him REAL SPANISH. Of course, now he is arguing with us... "No momma, casa doens't mean house, hochubala means house!" Crazy kid!
Funny pic- Zachary is clearly Ben and my offspring inheriting a LOVE, a NEED for cookies! Do you see him eyeing that cookie? Just waiting for his chance to take a big ol' chunk out of it? MMM! I'm with you Zachary- look out Ike- a few more months and you'll have to eat your cookies MUCH faster or someone is going to take care of them for you!! Also, notice Zach's collar is full of DROOL! I know, how can you not drool at that cookie?

Today marked Isaac's first day of school (not real school, Joy School- a little mommy coop). Anyway, it's only once a week and we switch between five of our houses, so in a few weeks in will be my turn to host and teach. It was harder than I thought it
would be to let him go! I kept thinking, what am I going to do for TWO HOURS without Isaac? So, I went home sullen, while he was SUPER EXCITED! I worked on my talk for Sunday. He painted, made a cool picture frame and chilled with four really cute other kiddos. It's going to be great for him. He already LOVES it! Mom's going to have to get used to it! I think I'll start planning some shopping- much easier to lug around just Zachy.
Finally getting some good pics of Zach giggling- for some reason I cannot seem to download videos on blogger so, you'll have to use your imaginations!

Cooking with Momma This afternoon... Whoops, notice the knife I left next to my toddler... good thing he's not mischievious at all!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great picture story.
    We just started joy school here. Are you only doing one day a week. We are doing twice. How do you modify the curriculum? I am wishing we were on a one day program. There is also just 2 of us in the group so we are always teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to hear about how you are all doing! And funny to hear the Ike stories. That boy. He is full of it, even if he isn't mischievous at all. And look at that little Zach! So sweet and smiley. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! What a great story! I bet you are happy you you have a lot of Spanish background. :) He is priceless! Love Zach's smile- so sweet! Talk to you later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That's hilarious about the jibbering. It would be pretty sweet for your kids to be bilingual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been having Joy School drama. It's been hard to get a group together! There are only two of us, and that's ok, I guess, but I wish there were a few more kids. I actually thought to myself that I wished you lived nearby because I knew you would like to do it with me :( Why did you move to AZ and not UT???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, correction: we are not doing "Joy School" in the formal sense... all of our kids are turning 3 this year and so we are modifying to one day a week with the principles of joy school. I would do more if I had any takers, but this is what I could get:) Kate-- you should move to AZ and we'll do it! and we could watch LOST- double bonus!!

    ReplyDelete