Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Week of School!


It's official. I am a widow to dental school! Things have gone very well, so far! Ben is doing as he should and studying his lights out. Luckily, he feels a need to be at home too and so is trying to devote at least a couple of hours each night to coming home, eating dinner and playing with the kiddos. I think this will prove very healthy for him. He has a lovely little office in the back of our house that we can close off and he can study. I plan to equip it with everything I can to entice him to stay at home to study whenever possible... Something about knowing he is right there makes a big difference:) His first exam is Tuesday, so we will find out if he's doing an effective job soon enough. I really do think that our *years* of waiting to be accepted have actually help us appreciate any amount of hard work, long hours, boring biochemistry, etc that comes our way. We really and truly are just happy to be here! So, let me remind myself of that in a few months when the newness wears off... This time has been our goal officially for five. long. years. We really are just so excited to be going down this path!

This picture is of his first day of school... What proud wife wouldn't want to capture this moment forever? He was embarassed at the time and I'm sure would be embarassed if he could ever find and read our blog that I'm posting it of him, but I'm also sure that his mom will love to see it:) Our little Binkham (as Isaac calls him when he can't get his attention- just as his mom did) all grown up:) He gets to alternate between scrubs and business casual everyday (the only school on campus to require business attire at all times... he's not thrilled about saying adios to his tshirt collection- I told you, growing up...) So, these days, the clothes are a little more dressy than the first day... too bad, poor Ben! Ok, I must admit I'm not too sad to see the tshirt days come to an end- shh, don't tell him- I should be "mourning" with him!

4 comments:

  1. Just FYI- the reason Ben doesn't read our blog is because he can't remember the address and doesn't really give it much thought other than it keeps me busy during late night feedings... not because I have it hidden from him:) He just might be a little too trusting! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! Yay! This is awesome and I see you have wasted no time getting your house all together ie. the pictures on the wall :) Miss you guys a ton, especially today, I was really thinking Isaac would have loved to come to Amelia's party. And you and your littlest one, too. :) It was so nice having Jennifer and Jenny. I think it was a success. :) Talk to you later...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. :) Knowing Ben, that look on his face tells all. I am very proud of him and you, of course. It was good to talk to you. You don't seem quite so far away when I can have a nice long conversation with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, long phone calls are *so nice!* As we all knew, Ben is SOAKING UP school! Sometimes I get a little too much info. Yuck! I already have unfounded fears of things like decay and periodontal diseases... Don't need any more to add to it! Eww and scary! But yes, things are going really well!

    ReplyDelete